Sunday, December 16, 2007

I Am Legend

I saw this movie yesterday afternoon. What can I say?

No spoilers here, everything I'm going to say can be learned from the publicity blurbs and trailers.

A must see! Great acting, effects and story. Will Smith is excellent as the "lone" survivor of post apocalyptic New York. He spends his days, hunting, gardening and tooling around the deserted streets in a variety of borrowed vehicles. He also searches for a cure to the virus which has mutated the rest of humanity into hideous monsters that come out to feed at night. The story is told in a mixture of present day action and flash backs.

Weapons: Several M-16's and 1911 style pistols, at least one grenade, a knife, gasoline and high explosives. I say M-16's because it is obvious at several points that the rifles is being fired in full auto.

This film is rated "PG-13" for a good reason as it would scare the bejesus out of the kiddies...